As San Antonio roofing contractors, we get many questions from customers. Whether they are navigating repairs, installation, or selecting a brand-new system for the top of their house, they want to know the best way to treat their home.
To share our expertise with more homeowners in San Antonio, we put together the frequently asked questions we hear. We hope this helps you determine the best thing for your house! And if you still have questions, you can always contact us for a consultation.
When Do I Need a New Roof vs. Roofing Repairs in San Antonio?
When you have a roofer in San Antonio, TX come out to see your house, they will be able to determine whether repairs will do the job or if you need a new installation. But if you want to decide for yourself, here are some common signs that you need a new one:
- Greenery on top of your house
- Missing or damaged shingles
- Asphalt granules in your gutters
- Mold growth due to water damage
Should I Replace the Entire System or just Shingles?
Roofing in San Antonio, Texas, is made up of several layers of protection. This ensures that your house is safe from water damage and curious critters from entering your home through the top.
During an inspection, a contractor may determine that you only need shingles replaced. However, if they think your layers have received recent damage, replacing the entire system is best for your safety.
During What Season Should I Install Roofing in San Antonio, Texas?
San Antonio roofing contractors can install a system or shingles any time of the year. Fall is often the most popular time for repairs and installations. While you can abide by this rule, contractors can also do the same work in winter or early spring.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a New Roof?
The layers of protection and shingles aren’t just for show. They are actively keeping water and animals out while keeping your air conditioning and heating inside. So when you have a new installation, you really benefit. Here’s how:
- Stop water damage from leaky shingles. This will keep you from spending thousands on mold growth, keep your belongings safe, and keep your home beautiful.
- Lower energy bills. When air isn’t escaping through the top of your house, you can stop cranking up the HVAC system.
- Improve the look of your home.
- Increase the resale value of your home.
How Do I Find a Reliable Roofer in San Antonio, TX?
Whether you need roofing repairs in San Antonio or a complete replacement for your house, finding reliable contractors are essential. We recommend finding San Antonio roofing contractors who have:
- Excellent reviews and can provide testimonials.
- A good history with the Better Business Bureau.
- Have the correct licenses, certifications, and liability insurance.
Get New Roofing in San Antonio, Texas Today
A properly installed and maintained roof can save your home from future damage and save you a headache. When you’re ready for installation or roofing repairs in San Antonio, give us a call.